This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
This is hands down the best Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili we have ever devoured. Hearty, healthy and easy to make this Vegetarian Chili is full of flavors, bet you will not miss the meat!!
Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili is a perfect comfort meal in a bowl with all the goodness of veggies, beans and tomatoes, gives this chili bold flavors that you would absolutely love to dig in. An excellent recipe for meatless Monday’s and for all the vegetarians.
Its been freezing for the last couple of weeks and with the dipping temperatures all I can think of is a bowl of warm and comforting food such as this Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili 💓 We all love this vegetarian chili and the best part about it is that it comes together in no time. This is an excellent recipe for those busy week nights, when you just don’t have any energy to cook. This chili tastes even better the next day. I always double the recipe and freeze it for those days when you just don’t feel like cooking.
Make this chili for potlucks or for football nights. Enjoy this hearty, healthy chili with friends and family. This chili is an absolute crowd pleaser!! Make it vegan and gluten free by choosing the right toppings. This chili recipe is easily customizable to ones taste.
How to cook Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili in a Instant Pot?
With just the basic ingredients found in ones pantry this chili recipe is yet another simple and easy recipe to put together and one of my favorite chili recipes. Making this chili in Instant Pot is my go-to-recipes for these cold, wintry nights. Making this Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili in a Instant Pot is a very easy and a quick recipe without compromising on its taste or flavors.
Turn on Instant Pot to saute mode (high), add oil, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bell pepper, jalapeno, saute for 1-2 mins. Add rinsed quinoa, along with dry spices – chili powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, dried oregano, saute for 1-2 mins. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, give it a quick stir. Close the Instant Pot, vent sealed. Turn on manual / pressure cook mode (high) for 6 mins. Let pressure release naturally, around 10-15 mins. Serve chili with your favorite topping. Enjoy this healthy and hearty chili on a cold wintry night!
Tips and Tricks
- What vegetables can be added in chili? I like to add vegetables such as onions, garlic, celery, carrots, bell peppers – red or green, jalapeno pepper for some spiciness. Vegetables such as sweet potatoes, pumpkin, spinach also add great flavor to this chili.
- What beans can be added in chili? I prefer a combination of beans such as kidney beans – dark and light, black beans, pinto beans and cannelini beans.
- I add vegetable broth to keep this chili vegetarian, chicken broth may also be substituted instead of vegetable broth.
- Dry spices when roasted for few minutes add a nice aroma to this chili. I prefer dark chili powder because it gives chili a slightly earthier and smoky flavor. But regular chili powder works well too.
- Chipotle pepper in adoba sauce may be added for a extra heat and smoky flavor. Jalapeno, Serrano pepper may be added as per taste.
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- tortilla chips
- This Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili stays fresh in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat the chili in a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!!
- This chili easily freezes for upto a month, divide the chili into freezer safe containers and freeze it. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, reheat and serve.
Here are some more recipes for you to enjoy!!
Cream of Mushroom Soup – hearty, packed with heavenly, earthy flavors in a bowl of soup
Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Creamy comfort in a bowl, perfect for winter nights
How to Steam Broccoli / Instant Pot – easiest and a healthier way to make broccoli
Dal Makhani – creamy, flavorful, aromatic dal made with black gram lentils, kidney beans
Aloo Gobi – simple, easy, delicious Potato Cauliflower curry
Strawberry Jam – 3-ingredients, super easy, finger-licking homemade Strawberry Jam
Vegetarian Bean Quinoa Chili - Instant Pot, Stove Top
- 1 15 oz can, dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can, cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can, diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can, tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (optional)
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 TBSP oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP dark chili powder
- 2 TSP cumin powder
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TSP dried oregano
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
Instructions for Instant Pot Cooking:
- Turn on Instant Pot to saute mode (high).
- When it displays "HOT", add oil, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bell pepper, jalapeno and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add quinoa, dry spices - chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, dried oregano and mix well. Roast the quinoa and spices for 1-2 mins.
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth. Mix well. Turn off Instant Pot. Close the IP lid, vent sealed.
- Turn on Manual/Pressure cook mode (high), "5" mins.
- Let pressure release naturally, around 15-20 mins. Open the IP lid.
- Adjust the seasonings - salt & pepper.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, some avocado and some freshly squeezed lemon juice. Enjoy!!
- Different types of beans such as kidney beans - light & dark, black beans, pinto beans can be used or even a combination of beans works just as well.
- Veggies can be added as per choice. Such as red or green bell peppers, corn, pumpkin, sweet potatoes.
- Adjust the spiciness as per taste.
- For stove top cooking, follow the same steps as discussed in the recipe. Instead of pressure cooking, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for around 15-20 minutes. Rest of the steps remain the same as Instant Pot.
- Chili thickens over the time. After done cooking, give it a standing time for around 15-20 mins for the flavors to blend well.
- Add topping of your choice, avocado, fresh cilantro, lemon juice.