This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
I like to serve these pancakes with some homemade yogurt, sweet and tangy tomato chutney or with some ketchup.
CHICKPEA FLOUR PANCAKES / BESAN KA CHILLA
- 1 cup chickpea flour / besan
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder as per taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium tomato chopped
- 1 green chili chopped (optional)
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking pancakes
- Mix all the ingredients to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick griddle, spread some oil, drop a spoonful of batter, spread evenly into small circles.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 min, or until golden brown in color. Flip and cook on the other side of the pancake. Drizzle some oil, as needed. Serve hot with some yogurt, or ketchup. Enjoy!!