Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa - Instant Pot, Stove Top
This Instant pot Carrot Halwa / Gajar Ka Halwa is a very quick and a delicious recipe made in a pressure cooker by preserving most of its nutrients value and its vibrant color!!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp almonds, pistachios slivered, add more if desired
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTANT POT COOKING:
Soak saffron strands in 2 TBSP of warm milk, keep it aside.
Turn on Instant Pot to saute mode (high).
When it displays "HOT", add 1 TBSP of ghee, shredded carrots, 2 TBSP of sugar. Mix well.
Saute for 2-3 min. Add cup of milk. Mix well. Turn off Instant Pot.
Turn on Manual/Pressure cook mode (high), 3 mins, vent sealed. When Instant Pot beeps, quickly release pressure. Open the IP lid.
Turn on saute mode (high), add remaining sugar, saffron soaked in milk, cardamom powder, almond flour. Mix well.
Saute on high until all the moisture is evaporated, around 2-3 mins. Add 1 TBSP of ghee, mix well for 1-2 min.
Switch off Instant Pot.
Carrot halwa is ready to be served. Garnish with some almonds, pistachios. Enjoy!!
- TIPS FOR MAKING DELICIOUS GAJAR KA HALWA - please refer to the post discussed earlier.
- HOW TO MAKE GAJAR KA HALWA VEGAN / DAIRY-FREE –please refer to the post discussed earlier.
- HOW TO MAKE GAJAR KA HALWA NUT-FREE – For a nut-free gajar ka halwa, simply skip all the nuts and the almond flour. Instead you can use some pumpkin seeds, chia seeds for garnish. It will still taste delicious.
- HOW TO MAKE GAJAR KA HALWA SUGAR-FREE -please refer to the post discussed earlier.
- For Stove top instructions: Use any heavy bottom pot or a dutch oven around 8 quarts. Follow the same recipe, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until all the moisture is evaporated and the carrots are cooked through. This will take around 20-25 mins. Keep stirring halwa in between to avoid sticking to the bottom. Rest of the recipe is same as Instant Pot.