This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support!
This Air Fryer Okra or Bhindi Fry is a great healthy and a delicious alternative to traditional okra or Bhindi fry, which is traditionally deep fried until crispy. The okra is air fried using some Indian spices, until it’s crispy.
What is Bhindi / Okra Fry?
Okra or Bhindi Fry is a very easy and a delicious recipe from Indian cuisine. This simple dish is made using Okra or Bhindi and some basic Indian spices, makes this simple dish a very flavorful one. My hubby loves Okra and this recipe is one of his favorites, the fact it’s so easy to cook and delicious, I make it almost every week. And now, I make it more than once a week after I tried making it in the air fryer. This okra fry takes so much less oil, when air fried in a air fryer, compared to the traditional cooking. Thus, preserving the authenticity, and flavors of this dish. Air Fryer okra is an excellent air fryer recipe.
How to pick perfect Bhindi for Bhindi Fry?
Picking fresh and tender okra is a key to this great recipe. Sometimes the okra is woody and hard in texture, pick okra which is tender, it not only cooks well but turns out amazing. Rinse and pat dry okra, cut into small pieces. Try to keep the size of the pieces same, so that it cooks evenly.
Serving Suggestions for Bhindi Fry
Here’s are some more Air Fryer recipes from blog. Healthy cooking!!!
Aloo Tuk – crispy potatoes serve as side dish or appetizers
Baingan Fry – healthy and delicious air fryer eggplant
Panner Tikka – air fried Indian cottage cheese
Lauki Kofta Curry – air fried bottle gourd fritters in a tomato-onion base sauce
Here are some more recipes from blog. Enjoy!!
Sai Bhaji / Palak Dal – highly nutritious, blend of spinach and lentil/dal
Tahiri – aromatic sweet rice recipe served on special occasions or festivals
Broccoli Cheddar Soup – thick, creamy soup made with broccoli, cheddar cheese
Cream of Mushroom Soup – cream, comforting, earthy flavors in a bowl of soup
Strawberry Jam – 3-ingredients, super easy, finger-licking homemade Strawberry Jam
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for easy and delicious video recipes. Happy Cooking!!
Air Fryer Okra / Bhindi Fry
- 1 lbs okra / bhindi, chop into small pieces
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1//2 tsp red chili powder, as per taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Instructions for Air Fryer Cooking:
- Wash and pat dry okra, chop into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped okra, oil, followed by dry spices. Mix well so the spices coat evenly onto the okra.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 350*F. Transfer the okra into the air fryer basket. Air fry okra at 350*F for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, remove the basket and check for doneness. If required, cook for another 3-5 mins or until desired crispness. I cooked for additional 5 mins.
- Serve hot with some bread or roti, and some lentil/dal. Enjoy!!
- Depending upon the size of the okra pieces, the time will vary.
- Adjust the spiciness as per taste.
- Instructions for Stove Top Cooking: On a medium-high heat, in a wok/kadai, add oil, when the oil is hot, add okra. Sprinkle some salt as you fry. Fry okra until light golden brown. Add dry spices and mix well. Enjoy!
- Please use timing as a guideline.